[NTG-context] Super- and sub-script in text mode, or, fonts in math mode

James Fisher jameshfisher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 13:04:25 CET 2010

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks, that gets me closer (though \highlow and \lowhigh result in
"undefined control sequence" here).

However, the superscripted text is not reduced in size at all.  This seems
to be XeTeX-specific, as using PDFTeX works fine.  The same issue arises
using \small{} in XeTeX, whether standing alone or in combination with
\high{}.

Some light could be shed on this by observing that *all* text produced by
XeTeX, when in comparison with PDFTeX, looks like has gone through \small.
I suppose this is possible as I note that \small can't be applied
recursively (i.e. \small{\small{x}} == \small{x} ).

Thoughts?

James