[NTG-context] [tex-live] difference texlive 2008, 2009

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Tue Feb 16 18:58:36 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Lubos Kolouch wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, does it mean, I have to run it after every update of
> this package?

You need to run

   source /opt/context-minimals/setuptex

once on each terminal from which you want to run context. If you do not
use texlive, then you can add this line to your .bashrc (or the rc file of
whatever shell you use).

setuptex sets PATH so that the minimals binaries are used rather than
texlive's; setting OSFONTDIR so that you can use system fonts; and setting
TEXMFCACHE.

> Should that not be part of the install process?

If can be, but that will mean that context-minimals will conflict with
texlive. With the current approach, you can use both texlive (which is
needed for latex, texinfo, and plain tex) and context-minimals. All you
need to do is run

   source /opt/context-minimals/setuptex

once for each terminal session.

Aditya