[NTG-context] Mathdesign and Fourier fonts (was What do you miss in ConTeXt?)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 14 23:24:00 CET 2010

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 20:06, Mikael Persson wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 3:24 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Am 10.02.10 09:00, schrieb Mikael Persson:
>>
>> MkIV has support for the Charter and the Mathdesign fonts.
>>
>> \definetypafec[charter][rm][serif][charter]     [default]
>> %\definetypafec[charter][mm][math] [mathdesignch][default]
>> \definetypafec[charter][mm][math] [charter]     [default]
>>
>> What's missing are the fonts but they are already on the server [1],
>> Mojca should be able to tell you how you can install them.
>>
>> [1] http://minimals.contextgarden.net/current/fonts/extra/
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> Thanks for your reply Wolfgang. I use the minimals and have some
> further questions:
>
> 1) Is there any way to use first-setup.sh to install these fonts?

At the moment there is a switch
    --extras=t-module1name,t-module2name

the following quick-and dirty patch should enable you to use
    --extras=mathdesign

But then you need to convince Hans to apply the patch (or maybe
improve it before that):

if extras and type(extras) == "table" then
    -- fetch the list of available modules from rsync server
    local available_modules = get_list_of_files_from_rsync({"modules/"})
    local available_fonts   = get_list_of_files_from_rsync({"fonts/extra/"})
    -- hash of requested modules
    -- local h = table.tohash(extras:split(","))
    for _, s in ipairs(available_modules) do
    --  if extras == "all" or h[s] then
        if extras.all or extras[s] then
            scripts.update.modules[#scripts.update.modules+1] = {
format("modules/%s/",s), "texmf-context" }
        end
    end
    for _, s in ipairs(available_fonts) do
        if extras.all or extras[s] then
            scripts.update.modules[#scripts.update.modules+1] = {
format("fonts/extra/%s/",s), "texmf" }
        end
    end
    -- TODO: check if every module from the list has been added and
issue warning otherwise
    -- one idea to do it: remove every value from h once added and
then check if anything is left in h
end

> 2) The type1 dir is empty. Is that on purpose? Should one download the
> pfb files from ctan?

No, it was a mistake. I had a "fonts/*/public/mathdesign" in pattern,
but mathdesign is not under "public" in TeX Live. Either I didn't test
it properly or TeX Live has changed their location, but the first
option is way more probable.

I have a feeling that some other font has been requested recently, but
I don't recall which one/who wrote that (I don't find the mail any
more).

Mojca