[NTG-context] Labelling with textext

Troy Henderson thenders at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 21:46:16 CET 2010

I'm trying to typeset a numerical label (in math mode) and have space
for a - sign (but not actually typeset the -) after the number in the
case where the number itself is negative.  I am trying this

label.bot(textext("$" & decimal(x) & "\hphantom{-}$"),(x*u,ay*u));

which fails.  If I remove the \hphantom command, i.e.,

label.bot(textext("$" & decimal(x) & "$"),(x*u,ay*u));

the command is successful, but the number being labeled is not exactly
horizontally centered below the point in question since the - symbol
preceding the number pushes it a little to the right.  Thoughts on how
to achieve my desired \hphantom effect?

Thanks,

--
Troy Henderson