[NTG-context] tracking changes

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Sat Feb 13 21:08:35 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13 2010, John Devereux wrote:

> The text-worddiff utility looks interesting. Does it work well in
> practice?

Hello John,

I don't know, I've never used it in real life ... ;)

It was just a "prove of concept": I'm working in an environment where
everybody uses M$-Office, I'm the only exception. And I want to be prepared
for the moment, when one of my co-workers wants to see such visualisation
of changes. That's the only reason, why I need it. But up to now, nobody
has ever asked me for such visualisation :)

> Did you develop the "little script" you posted any further,
> or is it sufficient?

I've put the latest version on the web:
http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/ConTeXt/typeset-diff.sh

In fact, there are only 3 commands:
- wdiff
- editor to tune the tex-file (grouping issues and such)