[NTG-context] tracking changes (was: Re: What do you miss in ConTeXt?)

John Devereux john at devereux.me.uk
Sat Feb 13 17:14:14 CET 2010

Peter Münster <pmlists at free.fr> writes:

> On Sat, Feb 13 2010, John Devereux wrote:
>
>> I would think that would be an extremely useful feature in technical
>> environment, where all document changes need to be reviewed
>
> Hello John,
>
> Perhaps this can help:
> http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060806.143457.47021821.en.html
>

>> and precisely recorded.
>
> Then I suggest a version control system.

Hello Peter,

Thanks, I do already use a version control system (gi). The built-in
diff system is ideal for my own use, but my "audience" would not be
resist this approach.

The text-worddiff utility looks interesting. Does it work well in
practice?  Did you develop the "little script" you posted any further,
or is it sufficient?

Thanks,

--

John Devereux