[NTG-context] Adding Items to Bibliography

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Feb 9 16:08:43 CET 2010

Philipp Gesang wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> yesterday I tried to use some BibTeX bibliography that I made earlier
> for use with biblatex but I very soon ended up converting a garbled .bbl
> to proper \[start|stop]publication format.  So my first question is,
> whether this, without BibTeX, is the canonical way to typeset
> bibliographies in ConTeXt?

I am not sure what 'this' refer to (esp. the reference to biblatex),
but I can tell you that using \[start|stop]publication blocks in a
hand-written bbl file is the way to go if you don't want to use bibtex.

> The second question: where would I begin if I wanted to setup (a) an
> author-title format for \cite[] (I found no "\bibgetvarX" function to
> query the publication title),

Somewhat answered in my other mail, maybe, but if you actually want
\cite[title] to do something, then you need to define a macro called
\bibtitleref, which is not all that easy. It is a lot easier to
write a special use macro based on \getcitedata

> and (b) substitution of consecutive
> identical authornames with dashes (or "idem", if that matters) in the
> publications list.

IIRC, there has been a solution posted to this list a while back
(but not by me)

Best wishes,
Taco