[NTG-context] Adding Items to Bibliography

Philipp Gesang pgesang at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Feb 8 14:35:29 CET 2010

Hi all,

yesterday I tried to use some BibTeX bibliography that I made earlier
for use with biblatex but I very soon ended up converting a garbled .bbl
to proper \[start|stop]publication format.  So my first question is,
whether this, without BibTeX, is the canonical way to typeset
bibliographies in ConTeXt?  The wiki is quite unclear about this and
bibmod-doc deals with BibTeX, too.  Or is everyone working in secret
with the MlBibTeX final release and those 8-Bit phenomena from the dark
past are already solved?

The second question: where would I begin if I wanted to setup (a) an
author-title format for \cite[] (I found no "\bibgetvarX" function to
query the publication title), and (b) substitution of consecutive
identical authornames with dashes (or "idem", if that matters) in the
publications list.

Thanks in advance for any clarification on this matter, bibliography
support is essential for me.

Philipp