[NTG-context] What do you miss in ConTeXt?

Bernhard Rosensteiner brosensteiner at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:56:01 CET 2010

Am 08.02.2010 um 12:43 schrieb Sebastien Mengin:

> Le 08 févr. 2010 à 12:25, Wolfgang Schuster a écrit:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> ConTeXt has many features but sometimes there is something missing, what
>> feature or package do you miss which is already available in another TeX
>> system or unavailable in any TeX system?
>
> I once tried to list the different points missing regarding the french
> language support and think of a way to integrate them as a module for
> ConTeXt, as frenchb [1] does for LaTeX.
>
> This is finally not trivial at all (at least for me).
>
> I don't know if this goes in the category « something missing » you are
> talking about... but for me, it is a reason why I stick to LaTeX.
>
> [1] http://daniel.flipo.free.fr/frenchb/index.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Sébastien Mengin

Hi,

there is a nice LaTeX package called floatrow. Most of the things what it does you can do with ConTeXt much more easily expect (i think) one thing: placing more than one picture in a given width with automatic rescaling of the images so all images in one row have the same height. This feature is really handy for me. Maybe there is something in ConTeXt which does the same and i´m missing something?

best regards
Bernhard