[NTG-context] DIY toc (or similar list)

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Sun Feb 7 22:58:11 CET 2010

Hi experts,

I'm thinking about a new presentation style and need some general advice from the TeXperts. I would like to have a list of topics on some area of the slide (similar to s-pre-19.tex). However, if at all possible, I would like it to be a bit fancier. Let's say I want the list of topics typeset in gray frames in a black font, but the current topic in a blue frame with a white font. Would this be possible with something like \definelist? Is there any notion of "currentlistitem" or "currentmarking" in such lists? Or, even better: would it be possible to have access to the single members of a list and maybe compare them to a current value and then typeset them accordingly? Something like this pseudocode:

for member in topiclist do
  if member == currentvalue
     <some fancy framing and metapost stuff with member>
  else
     <less fancy but still nice-looking metapost stuff>
  end
end

Or am I trying to reinvent the wheel here? I would be happy to hear any ideas on that.

All best

Thomas