[NTG-context] Error using Minimal with TeXworks

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 5 18:40:27 CET 2010

On 5-2-2010 17:26, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Hi!
>
> After a long time without having time to play with ConTeXt, I
> reinstalled a new Minimals using the manual method with rsync, added
> TeXworks in the proper folder.
> Under Texworks, I also pointed to the bin folder of Context.
>
> But when compiling a document, I get:
> MTXrun | fileio: no cnf files found (TEXMFCNF may not be set/known)
> MTXrun | fileio: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
> MTXrun | fileio: remembering file 'mtx-contexts.lua'
> MTXrun | fileio: remembering file 'mtx-context.lua'
> MTXrun | fileio: remembering file 'context.lua'
> MTXrun | unknown script 'context.lua' or 'mtx-context.lua'
>
> Any solution?

in texmf-context/context/data/texworks

you will find a complete setup for texworks

you can start texworks (on windows) with

mtxrun --script texworks --start

and it will be in context only mode then

it defaults to running luatex (mkiv) but will listen to the

% engine=pdftex

directive (such directives are handled by the texexec and context
scripts so one can sort of tag the document as mkii/mkiv although this
feature dates from the mkzero times)

> Also, is it possible to run ConTeXt from MikTeX 2.8?

no clue .. there was a time that mojca showed me a working miktex