[NTG-context] colors without \definecolor

Philipp Gesang pgesang at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Feb 4 21:41:03 CET 2010

Hi all,

I understand that in order to use a color with \color[somecolor]{colored
text} I first have to \definecolor[somecolor][r=.4,g=0,b=1].  Currently
I'm trying to do automated colorizing with the help of some lua code and
I'd like to make up rgb vectors on the spot without having to
\definecolor them first, e.g. something like \color[r=.4,g=0,b=1]
{colored text}.  Is there a way to achieve this in mkiv?  (Right now I'm
assigning new rgb values to the same color "name" whenever the function
is called that concatenates the next \color[]{} statement.  This seems a
bit verbose and hacky to me.)

Thanks in advance,

Philipp