[NTG-context] Unexpected Consequence of Turning Off Subsubsection Numbering

Tad Ashlock tad.ashlock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 30 00:36:20 CET 2010

Hi All,

If I setup the table caption numbering to be 'bychapter' and then turn
off the numbering of subsubsections, any table within a subsubsection
won't have the chapter number as part of the table number.

Example (also attached as tadtest4.tex):

\setupcaption[table][way=bychapter]
\setuphead[subsubsection][number=no]

\starttext

\chapter{Chapter Name}

\placetable[split]{First Table}%
{\bTABLE\bTR\bTD table row \eTD\eTR\eTABLE}

\section{Section Name}

\placetable[split]{Second Table}%
{\bTABLE\bTR\bTD table row \eTD\eTR\eTABLE}

\subsection{Subsection Name}

\placetable[split]{Third Table}%
{\bTABLE\bTR\bTD table row \eTD\eTR\eTABLE}

\subsubsection{Subsubsection Name}

\placetable[split]{Fourth Table}%
{\bTABLE\bTR\bTD table row \eTD\eTR\eTABLE}

The example above has "Table 4" instead of "Table 1.4".

Is this unintentional behavior, or am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Tad