[NTG-context] More questions about hiding/reusing blocks

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Jan 24 17:57:04 CET 2010

On 22-1-2010 16:19, Matthias Weber wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have two more questions about reusing blocks and interreferencing them.
>
> First of all, I have set up problems within different chapters, and
> would like to have a separate chapter at the end that gathers
> the solutions chapter by chapter like
>
> \chapter{Solutions}
> \section{Solutions from chapter 1}
>
> get these here
>
> \section{Solutions from chapter 2}
>
> get those here

you can group your solutions in categories:

\beginsolution[one]

and then use

\useblocks[solution][one]

> A sample file is attached below that has the layout, but all I know is
> how to retrieve all blocks at once. Would I need to create another block
> at the end of each chapter, and
> retrieve these at the end? If so, how?
>
> Then, I'd like to have little inconspicuous hyperlinks from the exercise
> to its solution and back. So far, I can only do this manually, as
> indicated. I would prefer to have the text Exercise in the enumeration
> to become a hyperlink to the corresponding solution, and vice versa for
> the text Solution.
>
> Is there a way of doing this (or something similar)?

actually in mkii there is (using symbols pointing to the companion that
can be clicked) but in mkiv i didn't yet add the code for that but i
will do that (we used that long ago in interactive educational documents)