[NTG-context] using `` '' the output is wrong.

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 20 11:39:54 CET 2010

Hi Alan,

Alan BRASLAU wrote:
> Furthermore, some "editors" such as MS-Word break the source, substituting
> RIGHT SINGLE QUOTATION MARK (Character: ’ U+2019) for
> APOSTROPHE (Character: ' U+0027)
> for some insane reason cited as the preferred character to be used for
> apostrophe.

 From the Unicode specification:

0027 ' APOSTROPHE
        = apostrophe-quote (1.0)
        = APL quote
        * neutral (vertical) glyph with mixed usage
        * 2019 is preferred for apostrophe
        * preferred characters in English for paired
          quotation marks are 2018 & 2019

So I think Word actually does the right thing (assuming you
can live with its auto-correct features in the first place)

Best wishes,
Taco