[NTG-context] spaces in file names

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 03:00:48 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 20:46:53 +0100, Hans van der Meer wrote:
> I just became aware of the fact that a comma in a directory name like
> "dir, so-and-so" is failing too. No doubt there will be others that
> are allowed in those names but resist \setupexternalfigures. I guess I
> will have to live with that. Though Hans might feel tempted to sort it
> out once and for all.....

Just small note: in POSIX (e.g. Linux) you could use any char in file
or directory name expect '/' and '\0'. Windows is more restricted (why
nowadays?) on char in file and directory names (not ':' for example).

Now imagine what should developers do in order to maintain software for
these different (in sense of names) systems? (My guess: use only plain
names: only latin letters and underscope is sufficient).

--
Boys, you have ALL been selected to LEAVE th' PLANET in 15 minutes!!