[NTG-context] spaces in file names

Hans van der Meer H.vanderMeer at uva.nl
Wed Jan 13 17:30:00 CET 2010

On 13 jan 2010, at 16:35, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Hans,
>
> The following works for me both with mkii and mkiv (running Mac OS X
> 10.6.2).

Yes, I knew that. Adding the full path inside the \externalfigure
works. But I would like to access picture files by separately
adressing directory and filename, not combining them explicitely.
\setupexternalfigures[directory=..] was made for this. The annoying
thing is that \setupexternalfigures and \externalfigure apparently do
not work seamlessly together.

> %%%%%%%%%
> \starttext
> \input "exercise english.tex"
> \page
> \externalfigure[pictures folder/old friend.jpg]
> [maxwidth=3cm,maxheight=4cm,frame=on]
>
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%

> my file is called « old friend.jpg », so the command \externalfigure
> is clever enough (not surprising from an old ConTeXt command…) and
> doesn't need any double quotes.
> However for an \input file I have to say « \input "exercise
> english.tex" ».
>
> Actually in general I avoid to have spaces in my file names, but I
> just tried the above in order to understand your question.
>

> On 13 janv. 2010, at 11:51, Hans van der Meer wrote:
>
>> I would like to include a file with spaces in its name.
>> Clearly it does not work using: \input /Users/me/dir with spaces/file
>> I can use something like:
>>  \def\DataDirectory#1{\def\DATADIRECTORY{#1/}} % in reality coping
>> with empty #1
>>  \DataDirectory{/Users/me/dir with spaces}
>>  \def\Input#1{\input "\DATADIRECTORY#1"}
>> and then that file is read.
>> When however I want to set this directory with
>>  \setupexternalfigures[directory=\DATADIRECTORY]
>> it does not find the picture file there.
>>
>> How can I accomplish the setup? Do I miss something? Using
>> contextbeta, if that makes a difference.
>>
>> Hans van der Meer

Hans van der Meer