[NTG-context] \getfiguredimensions again in mkiv

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sun Jan 3 03:30:46 CET 2010

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009, Hans Hagen wrote:

> Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This request was lost in traffic.
>>
>> On Mon, 9 Nov 2009, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
>>
>>> Hans,
>>>
>>> Something is also wrong with getting the width and height of a figure in
>>> mkiv. Minimal example:
>>>
>>> \starttext
>>> \getfiguredimensions[filename]
>>> \figurewidth
>>> \figureheight
>>> \stoptext
>>
>> To be precise, I get 0sp 0sp as output, rather than the correct dimensions
>> of the figure.
>
> fixed in next beta

The results in MkII and MkIV are inconsistent. Minimal example:

\setupexternalfigures[location={local,default}]
\starttext
\getfiguredimensions[cow]

\startlines
width: \figurewidth
height:\figureheight
\stoplines
\stoptext

In MkII I get,

width: 276.03125pt
height: 200.75pt

In MkIV I get,

width: 7592528sp
height: 5694396sp

which translates to (why doesn't MkIV use pt as units?)

width:115.85pt
height:86.889pt

I don't know if this is a bug in grph-inc.lua or in luatex.

Aditya