[NTG-context] ConTeXt minimals for arch linux

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Sep 23 19:59:15 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Any context users using arch linux out there?

I have packaged context-minimals for arch linux. It is basically the
first-setup.sh script simplified for arch linux (no platform checking,
etc). I also modified the setuptex script to make sure it works in a
multiuser environment (basically setting TEXMFCACHE to $HOME/texmf-cache).

The PKGBUILD is available at

To install packages from AUR, you need to install yaourt
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Yaourt

and then you can install context using

yaourt -S context-minimals-git

(the -git extension is just to coax yaourt to keep the downloaded files,
so that rsync makes sense).

It installs the minimals at /opt/context-minimals

Aditya