[NTG-context] t-vim: inline typing?

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Mon Jul 20 17:34:32 CEST 2009

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009, Peter Münster wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is it possible somehow, to get inline syntax highlighting (as with
> \type{...})?

Attached is an ugly solution. I haven't tested it too much.

Usage example

\usemodule[vim]
\setupwhitespace[big]
\setupcolors[state=start]
\definevimtyping[C][syntax=c]

\starttext
We can always type code in display mode
\startC
#include <stdio.h>
\stopC

But more interestingly, we can now type code in inline mode
also. For example to print something we use \startinlineC
printf("%d", num); \stopinlineC and we can continue typing.
\stoptext

It should be possible to also define \typeC{...}, but then I will need to
read up how to read code in verbatim and write it to a file.

Aditya