[NTG-context] setupsynonym: 2 questions on width

Michael Bynum mdbynum at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 18:34:51 CET 2009

1.)  I have a list of synonyms that I need to print in an aligned
list.  Is there a way to align the synonym definitions with the
longest synonym entry (width=? option maybe)?  Here is a small example
where the entries do not align.

\definesynonyms[nomenclature][nomenclatures][\infull]
\setupsynonyms[nomenclature][criterium=all,width=broad]

\nomenclature[a]{a}{This is the letter a}
\nomenclature[b]{abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz}{This is the alphabet}
\nomenclature[c]{c}{This is the letter c}

\starttext
\placelistofnomenclatures
\stoptext

2.)  Also, if the width in setupsynonyms is set to a value smaller
than the length of the longest entry, the entry tries to wrap around,
but it writes over top of the next entry.  Obviously this is not
desirable.  Is there a way to have the next entry below the "wrapped"
long entry instead of on the same line?  An example of this issue.

\definesynonyms[nomenclature][nomenclatures][\infull]
\setupsynonyms[nomenclature][criterium=all]

\nomenclature[a]{a}{This is the letter a}
\nomenclature[b]{abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz}{This is the alphabet}
\nomenclature[c]{c}{This is the letter c}

\starttext
\placelistofnomenclatures
\stoptext

Thanks,