[NTG-context] register fine tuning

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Oct 26 10:32:29 CEST 2006

Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
> Sorry, same problem here as with your other posting:
> How should I use this hack?
>
> Given that I have a source TEX document (providing the \index{Keyword
> and the \placeregister{index}} and those TUI and TOU files.
> Where should I store the line below in order to manipulate (filter?)
> the TUO?
>
> Do I have to start a new file with a kind of \input command?
>

> Steffen
>

> Am 25.10.2006 um 22:45 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>

>> Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am not sure how a ConTeXt index register is generated and what role
>>> the tui and tuo files play.
>>> But could it be possible to manually "fine tune" the generated
>>> register?
>>>
>>> Something like from ...
>>>
>>> Keywords
>>> -- secret  35
>>> -- popular  25, 26, 27, 88, 89
>>>
>>> .... to ...
>>>
>>> Keywords see also Commands
>>> -- secret  35
>>> -- popular  25-27, 88-89
>>>

>>> .... just by typing the changes in one of those helper files?
>>>

>> it should not be to hard to filter the entries from a tuo into
>> another file and use that one: dirty hack:
>>
>> \bgroup\def\jobname{copyof}\placeregister\egroup
>>
>> if needed i can provide a \setupregister[file=copyof] feature ;

hm, you really want to do that now?

i'll make a beta that can do:

\placeregister[index]

\placeregister[index][file=testtest]

so, you can copy test.tuo to testtest.tuo and them edit testtest.tuo to suit your needs

of course, you need to keep in mind that it is possible to edit testtest.tuo to the extend that it starts influencing pagenumbers and such