[NTG-context] bug?: interaction between columns and background

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 08:30:05 CEST 2006

> Maybe even extract everything with --beta to TEXMFBETA folder so
> that maintaining beta and stable in parallel is seamless.

I like that.  But how do you deal with the format files (made by
texexec --make)?  texexec puts them in ~/.texmf-config or ~/.texmf-var
(first element of TEXFORMATS from texmf.cnf).  So the beta and the
stable formats will fight with each other.

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.