[NTG-context] Problem with ConTeXt installation

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 21:41:45 CEST 2006

On 9/29/06, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Steve Peter wrote:
> > There is now a MikTeX package manager for Linux.
>
> And it is best not to use it since it ships a context that
> believes it is running on windows...

But then it has to be fixed, not thrown away ... I bet that the main
reason is one of the many "if (MikTeX)" switches in the source code
assuming that MikTeX is running on windows. Are there any MikTeX/Lunux
users around? (I work on windows 99% of time, but if I manage to
install MikTeX on the linux partition, I'll give it a try.)

The other thing is: I have no idea how the executables are created. I
sent quite a few requests, so that now finally the ruby scripts are
used instead of the old perl-based ones. But I don't have the
slightest idea how they work under Linux.

Mojca