[NTG-context] split natural table over columns

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Tue Sep 26 19:27:37 CEST 2006

Hi Johan,

Johan Sandblom wrote:
> Is it possible to make a natural table split over columns or columnsets?

see

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Tables_Overview

what is possible and what is not. Currently only *linetable* is
supporting horizontal splitting. The syntax looks similar to TABLE, but
I don't know the details (never used it). Anyhow worth a try...

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Linetable

But I don't understand why you want to split a table over columns. You
can reach this effect by using offsets (or empty columns if you use
backgrounds or frames), beside from the (in my eyes) strange look. And
how will you guarantee that a complete table line is horizontally
aligned inside of columns (and pages)? Sounds like overkill to me ;)

Peter