[NTG-context] How to display JavaScript's values in ConTeXt

Peter Rolf indiego at gmx.net
Tue Sep 5 11:42:44 CEST 2006

Zhichu Chen wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
>     I want to add a clock which shows the system time to a pdf file.
> And I have read the ``art-calc.pdf'' and ``mwidget-p.pdf'' to find
> some approaches but failed shamely. I am indeed new at ConTeXt and
> JavaScript. Before I'm shocked by ConTeXt, I used LaTeX for about 2
> years, so I'm confused with the conventions between ConTeXt and LaTeX.
> My code is here:

I don't have the time right now for more than this short tip. If you
work with JavaScript you should open the JaveScript Debugger (CTRL-J in
Acrobat; in the Adobe Reader hit CTRL-K and check "Show console on
errors and messages" in the JavaScript categorie) to see the warnings
and error messages. You also should insert some log messages in your
code. For example

console.println("do_digit("+d+") at page "+[this.pageNum]);

at the start of your function do_digit. This helps a lot to see what is
going on.

Greetings, Peter