[NTG-context] \namedglyph (was: [XeTeX] \XeTeXglyphindex: just a short note)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 09:39:26 CEST 2006

Hello,

Some time ago Jonathan implemented a new \XeTeXglyphindex command to
retrieve the glyph from current font by name (it currently only works
for OpenType, but that's the most important). \getglyph is already
taken, I used it in the example below just because I didn't think of a
better name.

Would it name sense to provide a \namedglyph macro in ConTeXt for
XeTeX users as well? (Hopefully the feature will be available in
pdfTeX as well ;)

I don't mind if LaTeX & ConTeXt use the same syntax every now and then ;)

(In the future: It might make sense to provide an optional field to
retrieve a glyph from any font, not just from the current one, but I'm
not sure about what the exact interface should be and if it would be
optional it can be added later anyway.)

Any thoughts?

Mojca