[NTG-context] Rebuild formats in Gerben's context distro

Alan Bowen acbowen at princeton.edu
Wed Aug 2 23:52:35 CEST 2006

On Aug 2, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2006, at 11:05 PM, David Arnold wrote:
>
>> All,
>>
>> Has anyone ever rebuilt the formats in Gerben's context distro for
>> the Mac? Usually, I just wait for and update and use the Context
>> updater, but I have need to know how to rebuild the formats today.
>>
>> If anyone knows how on the Mac, please advise.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Yes, I rebuild them whenever a new version comes out, so about twice
> a day...
>
> My own experience is: it's perfectly smooth, and if there were
> problems, they weren't specific to the Mac. If you want the formats
> to be copied into the system-wide tree (that's /usr/local/teTeX/texmf/
> texmf.local/web2c) instead of your personal ~/Library/texmf/ and are
> using the new texmfstart method, you should invoke the script from a
> root shell:
>
> sudo su
>
> texmfstart texexec --make --all
>
> Other than that, I can't think of anything special.
>
> Good luck
>
> Thomas

After running
sudo texmfstart texexec --make --all
I have on the odd occasion had to copy the updated cont-en.fmt and
cont-nl.fmt  from
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c/pdfetex
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/web2c

In any case, check the creation dates/times. When the latest version
was not in the latter, I got format mismatch errors and then nada.

I am not sure why this happened, since I had not done anything other
than run Gerben’s i-Installer.

Alan