[NTG-context] Russian hyphenation how to use?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 17:00:21 CEST 2006

On 7/23/06, Arkady Shraer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Recently, I made lang-ru.hyp and lang-ru.pat files from TeX's ruhyphal.tex .
> I read Hans' "Hyphenation patterns" and didn't understand how to use
> my patterns to enable hyphenation (btw, in manual used key --patterns
> but in current ctxtools used --patternfiles)
>
> What I've done:
> 1. Created lang-ru.hyp (UTF-8) and lang-ru.pat (UTF-8) from TeX's
> ruhyphal.tex by hands (ctxtools generated patterns, but russian and
> ukrainian didn't)
> 2. Copied files to directory with other languages' patterns
> 3. texexec --make --all (get an error while compiling lang-cyr.tex
> ..... undefined sequence)

Which one was undefined?

> 4. in tex file used \language[ru]
> 5. Still don't have my text hyphenated.

copy cont-usr.ori into cont-usr.tex and uncomment the line
% \installlanguage [\s!ru] [\c!state=\v!start] % russian

> What I do wrong? Should I upgrade my ConTeXt to recent version?

The version may not be more than 2 months old (so yes, take that as
"it has to be the latest one").

(Try "ctxtools --update". If that one doesn't work your version
probably is too old. Download cont-tmf.zip, unzip and replace the old
files and do texexec --make --all.)

Mojca