[NTG-context] Russian hyphenation

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jul 20 12:46:27 CEST 2006

Ark Shraer wrote:
> Thanks for reply,
> so at this time russian hyphenation isn't available, right?
> Is there a way of taking hyphenation patterns from existing tetex
> distribution (I'm using Ubuntu 6.06)?
>
> One more question: Is it technically possible to make russian messages
> for ConTeXt?

sure, you only need to provide the translations of the message blocks (you can use utf 8 chars in the messages)

when done, one can generate formats for any interface with russian messages (interfaces and messages are independent)

[later this year there will be an interface to the tex error messages and then we can also translate those]