[NTG-context] regenerating formats

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Fri Jul 14 20:58:18 CEST 2006

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Alan Bowen wrote:

> 	sudo texmfstart texexec --make --all
> (which worked with the last ConTeXt installation)
> and
> 	sudo -H texmfstart texexec --make --all
> failed with the error message
> 	sudo: texmfstart: command not found.

> Does it matter that I have the line
> 	alias texmfstart='ruby /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/scripts/
> context/ruby/texmfstart.rb'
> in my .profile rather than an executable version of the texmfstart
> script in my $PATH?

Hello Alan,
I doubt, that an alias is inherited by the shell of sudo.

Here is one way, how to set up the ruby scripts without touching the
ConTeXt-texmf tree (extracted from my tetex.spec in
http://pmrb.free.fr/work/OS/ConTeXt/tetex/):

mkdir -p /opt/teTeX/ruby-bin
install texexec /opt/teTeX/ruby-bin
ln -s ../texmf-context/scripts/context/ruby/texmfstart.rb \
	/opt/teTeX/ruby-bin/texmfstart
for i in `unzip -l cont-tmf.zip | \
	sed -nre 's_^.*scripts/context/ruby/([^/]+)\.rb$_\1_p'`; do
	if [ "$i" != texexec -a "$i" != texmfstart ]; then
		ln -s texexec /opt/teTeX/ruby-bin/$i
	fi
done

And these 2 lines in the file "texexec":
#!/bin/sh
exec texmfstart `basename $0`.rb "$@"

Then, /opt/teTeX/ruby-bin must come before the normal teTeX-bin in PATH.

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/