[NTG-context] arab (omega)

Idris Samawi Hamid ishamid at colostate.edu
Sun Jun 25 21:54:22 CEST 2006

Dear gang,

I have redone this. Now there are two filter sequences, one for main text
and one for using the arabic-font digits in math mode.

http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Aleph_Guide#Installing

has been updated, get the new uni2cuni.zip. I'll update m-gamma soon so
this will be part of the distro if Hans accepts-)

Here is a test file that works here. Note (see the sqrt example) that
omarb apparently does not have U+066B, the Arabic decimal point. And the
Arabic comma maps to the lm comma in math mode (since omarb maps the
arabic comma to U+002C in the omarb virtual
font-sigh). So there is further work needed to get this all just right,
including recompiling the fonts etc...

Best
Idris

% tex=aleph output=dvipdfmx

\usetypescriptfile[type-omg]
\usetypescript[OmegaArab]
\hoffset=0pt

%% Individual Filters
% Input filters (from what you type)
\definefiltersynonym [UTF8]      [inutf8]

% Contextual filter
\definefiltersynonym [UniCUni]            [uni2cuni]

\definefiltersynonym [UniCUniMath]        [uni2cuni-math]

% Output filters (font mapping)
\definefiltersynonym [CUniArab]           [cuni2oar]

%% Filter Sequences
\definefiltersequence
   [UTFArabic]
   [UTF8,UniCUni,CUniArab]

\definefiltersequence
   [UTFArabicMath]
   [UTF8,UniCUniMath,CUniArab]

\appendtoks
     \clearocplists
     \usefiltersequence[UTFArabicMath]
\to \everymathematics

% For global Arabic script

\def\ArabicDirGlobal{%
\pagedir TRT\bodydir TRT\textdir TRT\pardir TRT }%

\def\ArabicUTF{\ArabicDirGlobal\usefiltersequence[UTFArabic]
                 \reversesectionnumberstrue\switchtobodyfont[omarb]}

\ArabicUTF

\starttext

5792-684 $5792-684$ ${\tf 5792-684}$

2.5 $\sqrt{\tf 2.5}$