[NTG-context] Newbie questions

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Jun 24 19:15:30 CEST 2006

> 2.  I would like the math environment to be as close to the LaTeX AMS
> environment as possible. I have figured out how to download the t-
> amsl module and can successfully invoke it as long as the t-amsl.tex
> file is in the same folder as my document files.

Others have already answered on how to "install t-amsl.tex" so I will
not go into that. Context has a much improved math support since
Giuseppe Bilotta wrote t-amsl.tex. I think it is better to use the
"native" math environments of context which provide a lot more
features. The syntax does not follow the latex ams syntax, but like
everything in Context you can customize the behaviour a lot. You can
look at http://dl.contextgarden.net/myway/mathalign.pdf which contains
some examples of using the built-in context support.

Aditya