[NTG-context] texsync --delete

Peter Münster pmlists at free.fr
Tue Jun 6 22:50:49 CEST 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Hans Hagen wrote:

> > could you please add the option "--delete" to @@rsync in texsync.rb?
> >
> > I've just realised, that cont-lmt.zip no more exists, but texsync never
> > deleted it on my hard-disk.
> >
> sure, but only if you also tell me how i can tell rsync to avoid deleting
> >the context/user and context/third paths (and tested as well -)
>
> (there is now also ctxtools --update which just takes the zip)

Hello Hans,
texsync --tree=current also takes the zips.
--tree=tex seems to be more, than just the unzipped zips. Is there any tree
that is exactly the same as "current" but unzipped?

You're right, the --delete option is not good for people who have
user-files in the same texmf-tree as the distribution.
Perhaps, I'll just use rsync directly without using texsync nor ctxtools...

If you want to include the --delete nevertheless, you could add
something like --exclude=context/user/* --exclude=context/third/*

Cheers, Peter

--
http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/