[NTG-context] missing fonts

Hans van der Meer hansm at science.uva.nl
Wed May 31 13:17:42 CEST 2006

On May 28, 2006, at 19:59, Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hans van der Meer wrote:
>> I thought I had a fairly normal tetex tree with the latest lm fonts
>> installed.
>> Can someone guess why I am getting a host of missing font messages in
>> a context run?
>> Something in the wrong place or absent?
>
> Wrong font map search path:
>
>> (./copyright.tex) [1.1{/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/fo
>> nts/map/dvipdfm/context/original-empty.map}{/usr/local/teTeX/share/
>> texmf-local/fonts/map/dvipdfm/context/original-base.map
>> Warning: pdfetex
>             ^^^^^^
>
> Because this is pdf(e)tex, it should be reading map files from
>
>    /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/pdftex
>
> not dvipdfm. Your TEXFONTMAPS entry in texmf.cnf probably needs
> some tweaking.

I am sorry, I cannot find what to change or what should be wrong.
My texmf.cnf reads:
TEXMFLOCAL = $SELFAUTOPARENT/share/texmf-local
TEXMF = {!!$TEXMFCONFIG,!!$TEXMFVAR,$TEXMFHOME,!!$TEXMFSYSCONFIG,!!
$TEXMFSYSVAR,!!$TEXMFMAIN,!!$TEXMFLOCAL,!!$TEXMFDIST}
% font name map files.
TEXFONTMAPS = .;$TEXMF/fonts/map//

Mirabile dictu! The font missing messages disappear after changing
"texexec" to the ruby script "texmfstart texexec" with no change in
texmf.cnf.

Hans van der Meer