[NTG-context] Problems with ConTeXt version 2006.05.11

Otared KAVIAN otared at gmail.com
Sun May 14 11:17:20 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I installed the latest version of ConTeXt (that is version 2006.05.11) and
although some problems have disappeared, some other are still there. Indeed
I thank Hans H. and all the wizards working with him for having fixed some
of the issues reported previously.
For your information, I am using Gerben Wierda's ConTeXt updater, and
running MacOS X 10.4.6. I list below three problems I can observe with some
of my test files:

1) PostScript fonts declarations are not anymore working. For instance this

\starttext
\usetypescript[palatino]
\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]
Here we are using the font  \fontname\font.
\blank
\input knuth.tex
\stoptext

is typeset with lmr. The same is true with times.

2) Generating a format with XeTeX, that is creating XeConTeXt, is now
possible but still MetaPost code is ignored in the resulting PDF file. For
instance this

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext
\startMPcode
    fill fullcircle scaled 3cm withcolor red;
    fill fullcircle scaled 3cm shifted (2cm,1cm) withcolor
    transparent(1,0.5,green);
\stopMPcode
\stoptext

works fine in ConTeXt, but gives nothing with XeConTeXt.

3) Even though typesetting a file with ConTeXt from within TeXShop works
fine, still there is the warning

 warning : use 'texmfstart texexec' instead

which means that some day those (like me...) who have not well understood
how to switch to texmfstart (and in particular how to make it work...) are
going to have big problems with the next releases of ConTeXt...

Best regards: OK