[NTG-context] components and figure search paths

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 10 17:09:23 CEST 2006

> so how is this component, when run on itself, supposed to locate itself,

Not sure I completely understand your question.  But if I run one
component, I change to its directory first:

  cd chap/1 && texexec c_ch1.tex

Or is the canonical method:

  texexec chap/1/c_ch1.tex

?

I've been in the habit of not doing it this way with tex tools, since
(la/pdf)tex put the generated files in the current directory instead
of in the directory of the source file.

> - how does the dir structure look

./chap/1/abc-1.eps
./chap/1/c_ch1.tex
./project_books.tex
./env_books.tex
./onebook.tex

> - where did you put the file

It's in chap/1/ (along with the eps figure)

> - where did you run it

I ran 'texexec onebook' in the ./ directory.

Running the component works fine (if I cd to its directory first),
because abc-1.eps is easy to find.

-Sanjoy

`Never underestimate the evil of which men of power are capable.'
         --Bertrand Russell, _War Crimes in Vietnam_, chapter 1.