[NTG-context] Cyrillic glyphs display problem with standalone ConTeXt distribution under win32

Vladimir Smirnov smirnoff at spbal.ru
Sun May 7 20:50:34 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

I use standalone ConTeXt distribution for win32, mswincontext.zip
downloaded a week ago, and never got proper cyrillic characters. I get
latin "character codes" instead: for instance, \cyrillicDJE produces "DJE"
in the output pdf, but not "ö". At the same time \Tsedilla (cp1250) makes
the proper glyph. I found that live ConTeXt at contextgarden.org behaves
in the similar way. Neither of recommendations/samples at
http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Russian worked for me. The standalone
context distribution does contain all necessary fonts and regimes, so
there must be some deeper problem. Could anyone, please, tell me what is
going on?

Here is my test.tex. I tried it in utf, cp1251, cp866, all producing the
similar result.

(this letter must be in koi-8r cyrillic encoding)

\useregime[cp1251]
\enableregime[cp1251]
\usetypescript[modern-base][t2a]
\setupbodyfont[modern]