[NTG-context] placefigure feature request ?

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 6 04:20:18 CEST 2006

Hans Hagen <pragma at wxs.nl> wrote:

> Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> >                context : ver: 2005.01.31
> >                cont-en : ver: 2005.01.31  fmt: 2006.3.28  mes: english
> >
> > Maybe this context installation is too old for nocheck.  On the other
> > hand, it should complain then?
> >
> i remember a bug (actually the mechanism is rather old, so the bug
> must have been a temp one)

I tried it on context live (2006.04.04), and it works as hoped (figure 2
is the on on top of the page with numbering=nocheck, otherwise it's
numbered in page order).  Definitely I need to do an upgrade.

But I noticed another problem: The context-live pdf is black/white,
whereas on my system the figures come out in color.  I could reproduce
the difference with the following:

$ texexec --pdf 3  => 3.pdf is B/W

versus

$ texexec 3.tex
$ dvips 3
$ ps2pdf 3.ps   => 3.pdf is in color

texexec --color makes the two pathways give identical pdf files, but
shouldn't they also be identical (and B/W) without the --color?  Or is
that too much of a mess, to inquire into what colors the metapost (or
other EPS) figures are doing.

-Sanjoy

`A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves.'
   - Bertrand de Jouvenal