[NTG-context] Figure Libraries

David Arnold dwarnold45 at cox.net
Sun Apr 2 18:39:02 CEST 2006

All,

I have chapter1.tex:

\startproduct chapter1

\project book

\startbodymatter

\setupheadnumber[chapter][0]

\chapter[chap:1]{Functions}

\component chapter1/section1

\component chapter1/section2

\component chapter1/section3

\component chapter1/section4

\stopbodymatter

\stopproduct

All the files for chapter1 are in a folder named chapter1, for
example chapter1/section1.tex. All the figures for chapter1 are in
chapter1/figures/.

section2.tex starts with:

\startcomponent section2

\project book
\product chapter1

\usemodule[newmat]
\usemodule[math-ext]
\usemodule[fig-base]
\usefigurebase[figures/figlibSection2]

\section[section:graph]{The Graph of a Function}

In chapter1/figures/figlibSection2.xml, there is:

<figure>
<file>sec2foura.png</file>
<label>foura</label>
<copyright>College of the Redwoods Mathematics Department</copyright>
<comment></comment>
</figure>

section4.tex starts with:

\startcomponent section4

\project book
\product chapter1

\usemodule[newmat]
\usemodule[math-ext]
\usemodule[fig-base]
\usefigurebase[figures/figlibSection4]

In chapter1/figures/figlibSection4.xml, there is:

<figure>
<file>sec4foura.png</file>
<label>foura</label>
<copyright>College of the Redwoods Mathematics Department</copyright>
<comment></comment>
</figure>

The difficulty was this. When I compiled chapter1.tex, the
\externalfigure[foura] in section4.tex used the foura from
figlibSection2.xml.

My workaround was to rename the second instance \externalfigure
[sec4foura], but I am wondering a bit about this mechanism.