[NTG-context] mml

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 30 20:14:40 CEST 2006

nico wrote:

> So, the behaviour should not be different when using an entity name and
> the corresponding unicode value. Imagine some XML tool processing an
> original XML mathml code containing an entity name, and simply expanding
> the entity according the MathML DTD. I think that processing the original
> and the expanded code should give the same result.

I just reread that bit, and you are right (of course you knew
that already, sorry).

Unfortunately, the use of bare character entities makes it quite a
bit harder to implement mathml. Essentially, the top-level mathml
element would have to redefine (and remember, for embedded non-mathml)
lots and lots of 'normal' tex stuff.

Greetings, Taco