[NTG-context] mml

nico nicolas.marsgui at libertysurf.fr
Thu Mar 30 19:44:53 CEST 2006

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:18:32 +0200, Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com>
wrote:

> Hi nico/Hans,
>
> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>>          <mo> &#x000AF; </mo>
>
> The MathML spec specifically suggests the use of &OverBar; instead
> of a literal accent character in situations like this.

The problem is that it is also specified to which unicode character is
mapped the entity (http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/isodia.html). Actually
&OverBar; is U00AF.

So, the behaviour should not be different when using an entity name and
the corresponding unicode value. Imagine some XML tool processing an
original XML mathml code containing an entity name, and simply expanding
the entity according the MathML DTD. I think that processing the original
and the expanded code should give the same result.

Of course, using entity names instead of unicode values is better for
readibility and maintanability, but IMHO it is not a solution to the
question.

Regards,
BG