[NTG-context] Problem with typescripts - oldstyle numbers

Thomas A. Schmitz thomas.schmitz at uni-bonn.de
Thu Mar 16 21:06:27 CET 2006

I just realized the pattern in a somewhat unexpected behavior in a
typescript. It defines several instances of Adobe Caslon (with or
without certain ligatures, oldstyle, proportional numbers etc.). I
want typewriter and math from Latin Modern. In the end, the typefaces
are defined:

\starttypescript [Caslonpnum]
   \definetypeface [MyCaslonpnum] [rm] [serif] [caslonpnum] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
   \definetypeface [MyCaslonpnum] [tt] [mono] [modern] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]
\stoptypescript

Here's the catch: as soon as I add a definition for a math font:

   \definetypeface [MyCaslonpnum] [mm] [math] [modern] [default]
[encoding=\typescripttwo]

oldstyle figures will always be taken from the math font. If I delete
this line from the typescript, I get the oldstyle figures from the
font defined as [OldStyle]. Looks like a bug to me. Or am I
misunderstanding something?

Thomas