[NTG-context] table-caption: centred or not??

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Sun Mar 12 20:10:25 CET 2006

� wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>

>> Peter M�nster wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Taco,
>>> perhaps I could modify this code. Where is it?
>>>
>> In page-flt.tex, just search for 'caption'
>>

> Thanks, I've modified the definition of \dopreparestackcaptionaut, but
> that does not change anything. Should I put a new item in the collector?
> In fact, it's really strange, when you see on the same page one centred
> caption, and another one left-aligned.
> Cheers, Peter

(1) just set the 'minwidth' to a high value to control the first case
(2) in the second case, kind of disable optimal par building by using
'broad'

\def\MyTable#1{\placetable{\dorecurse{#1}{bla }}{\starttable[|c|]
  \NC This is a table.\NC\AR\stoptable}}

\setupcaptions[width=\makeupwidth,minwidth=\makeupwidth]

\starttext
\MyTable{2}  %     ok
\MyTable{10} % not ok
\MyTable{30} %     ok