[NTG-context] write18

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Sun Feb 5 09:11:25 CET 2006

On 5 Feb 2006, at 08:44, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On 5 Feb 2006, at 05:10, David Arnold wrote:
>
>> Gerben,
>>
>> With a default install of Context, I don't believe write18 is
>> enabled nor run time development of Metapost graphics. Do you do
>> any of that?
>
> I know about write18 and it is turned off bacause  I have to ship a
> default `secure' setup. What the Metapost issue is, you'll have to
> explain.
>
>> If so, what configuration steps do you take?
>
> Me personally, none. I use ConTeXt and it works fine as is.

Let me be a bit more clear. If you want me to change my
redistributions, you will have to make clear I understand what is
needed and why. Most often it has just been something like "add this"
or "change size setting that". But here, I have no idea what does not
work for you and in howfar configuration issues are the point to
address.

In cases like these, the best way is to send me a small example.

If a change would require a non-secure standard config, I will not do
it. Nor will I if there is a reasonable run-time (not configure time)
workaround (e.g. adding -shell-escape to tex can be done runtime and
is thus a better security strategy than turning it on by default). If
it is possible to offer some configuration options to the user, I
will investigate.