[NTG-context] \showbodyfont

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Tue Jan 31 10:12:48 CET 2006

andrea valle wrote:
> How do I make  \showbodyfont display all available families?

The short answer is: you can't.

 From within TeX, the only thing possible is to try to load
a font, and see if that works or not. There is no way to
ask for a 'list of installed fonts', so you would have to
iterate through a list of guesses. Perhaps the wiki
pages can help with those guesses, but:

> Directly: are there other ways to explore available fonts?

The documentation of (miktex,tetex,texlive,gwtex) should contain
some information about installed fonts.

If you tell what TeX distribution and what options you installed,
then it is likely that someone on the list (with the same
distribution) can make a guess about what you have and do not
have.

Cheers, Taco