[NTG-context] Sorting question

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at seznam.cz
Mon Jan 23 01:08:44 CET 2006

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On 1/22/06, Vit Zyka wrote:
>

>>We need to define (German?) sorting rules for newtexexec (newtexutil).
>>Tell me in between 'Ü' have to be sorted I will try to prepare a code
>>for this rule.
>

> ä (adiaeresis) is identical to a, ö (odiaeresis) identical to o, ü
> (udiaeresis) identical to u, the same for uppercase. ß (ssharp) is
> edentical to "ss" (same for uppercase, but in uppercase it's written
> as SS anyway).

Hmmm, that is not complete: I understand that every ü, Ü, u, U comes to
single group, but is u<ü<U<Ü? Let say yes. Then try
------------------------------
\input sort-ini.tex

\useregime[win]
\enableregime[windows]          % Eingabe-Codierung
\mainlanguage[de]               % Sprachmodus
\usetypescript[modern][texnansi]

\startmode[sortorder-de]
   \exportsortexpansion{u}{u+1}
   \exportsortexpansion{udiaeresis}{u+2}
   \exportsortexpansion{U}{u+3}
   \exportsortexpansion{Udiaeresis}{u+4}
   \exportsortdivision{u+1}{u}
   \exportsortdivision{u+2}{u}
   \exportsortdivision{u+3}{u}
   \exportsortdivision{u+4}{u}
\stopmode

\setmode{sortorder-de}

\starttext

\definesorting[person][personen]
\setupsorting[person][criterium = all]
%\def\person#1{#1\expanded{\index{#1}}, }
%\def\person#1{#1\index{#1}, }

\person{Unsinn, Klaus}
\person{Militzer, Bernd}
\person{Horten, Hans}
%\person{Überall, Heinrich}
\person{\Udiaeresis berall, Heinrich}

\placelistofpersonen
%\placeindex[alternative=A]

\stoptext

Comments:
- newtexexec is needed!
- works for both index/sorting
- works only for \Udiaeresis not for direct Ü! Strange! Why?

Vit