[NTG-context] Problems installing Gentium TTF

Kumar Appaiah akumar at ee.iitm.ac.in
Sun Jan 22 12:25:24 CET 2006

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 07:41:47PM +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
> Am 2006-01-21 um 17:56 schrieb Kumar Appaiah:
>
> >from texexec. I have installed the fonts with --en=ec, so that is
> >ruled out. What could the problem be?
>
> I don't know where your problems come from.
> You could just try using the package from my site:
> http://www.fiee.net/texnique/?menu=0-1-4
>
> Don't forget to texhash!

Thanks.	I did the same, and I still have a similar problem. I
installed the font in /usr/local/share/texmf, and ran texhash. Now,
that ls-r has the font info. I am getting the following:

(Part of the output):
kpathsea: Running mktexmf ec-genr101
! I can't find file `ec-genr101'.
<*> ...four; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input ec-genr101

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...four; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input ec-genr101

[snip]

l.6 \setupbodyfont      [sil-gentium, rm, 12pt]

? H
I wasn't able to read the size data for this font,
so I will ignore the font specification.
[Wizards can fix TFM files using TFtoPL/PLtoTF.]
You might try inserting a different font spec;
e.g., type `I\font<same font id>=<substitute font name>'.

Could you give me any further suggestions?

Thanks.

Kumar

--
Kumar Appaiah,