[NTG-context] Reg. fonts and math

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Sat Jan 14 18:04:49 CET 2006

<--- On Jan 14, Adam Duck wrote --->

> Just to give you some hints what's already there...
>
> Aditya Mahajan <adityam at umich.edu> writes:
>
> < 63 lines deleted by Adam Duck >
>> 1. Have align support with variable number of columns.
>>  a &= b
>>    &= c &+ d
>>    &    &+ e
>>
>> should be typeset as
>>
>>  a = b
>>    = c + d
>>        + e
>
> At least this should be possible with \wall and \return (using the
> "nath" module), like this:
>
> #v+
> a \wall = b \\
> = c \wall + d \\
> + e
> \return\return
> #v-

Unfortunately, if I use nath, I can not use underbrace inside
\startstop align of nath. See a previous post of mine with the subject
'Nath bug?'. It will be nice if I can use both solutions.

> < 20 lines deleted by Adam Duck >
>> 5. have a splitformula environment that allows
>>
>>  a =& b
>>     & + c \\
>>     & + d
>>
>> to come out as
>>
>>   a = b
>>       + c
>>       + e        (1)
>>
>> with only one formula number. The formula number should be at the last
>> line or the center of the whole formula, configurable by an option.
> < 142 lines deleted by Adam Duck >
>
> Again, this is a \wall-\return thingy, but \placeformula places the
> number vertically centered...

Is there someway in which the formula numbering can be forced to be at
the bottom. Maybe by adding an option to setupformulae. Latex has a
class option ctags/tbtags which controls this.

> [ useful example snipped]

Thanks,
Aditya

--
Aditya Mahajan, EECS Systems, University of Michigan
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~adityam || Ph: 7342624008