[NTG-context] Your format does not match the base files!

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Jan 12 21:03:35 CET 2006

Jilani Khaldi wrote:

> I just have updated my ConTeXt system (*) to the new one, and now I
> get this error:
> ConTeXt  ver: 2005.12.19  fmt: 2006.1.9  int: english  mes: english
>
> language        : language en is active
> <protectionstate 0>
> system          : cont-new loaded
> (C:\texmf\tex\context\base\cont-new.tex
>
> FatalError      : Your format does not match the base files!
>
> FormatVersion   : 2005.12.19
> FilesVersion    : 2006.01.12 10:38
> Why did this happen?
> However, I deleted the file "cont-new.tex" and copied the one from la
> last distribution (06.0.1.2006) and now it works.

well, now you really have a messed up system -)

you get this message and abortion when your format is not matching your
base files, so instead of deleting the new cont-new.tex, you have to
make a format

i added this feature in order to prevent such problems -)

    FatalError      : Your format does not match the base files!

is the problem